The World Poet Series, pocket-sized collections of poetry in translation published by the Poetry Translation Centre, is one of the most exciting poetry publishing projects in ages; our Poetry in Translation Book Box gives you the first four titles, plus two chapbooks, the vital anthology My Voice, and a signed and numbered poetry broadsheet poster.
World Poet Series:
- Akin to Stone, written by Bejan Matur, translated from the Turkish by Jen Hadfield + Canan Marasligil
- My Tenantless Body, written by Yu Yoyo, translated from the Chinese by A.K Blakemore + Dave Haysom
- Ask the Thunder, written by Maxamed Xaashi Dhamac ‘Gaarriye’, translated from the Somali by W.N. Herbert + Martin Orwin
- the hammer and other poems, written by Adelaide Ivánova, translated from the Brazilian Portuguese by Rachel Long + Francisco Vilhena
- My Voice: A Decade of Poems from the Poetry Translation Centre, featuring 111 brilliant poems translated from 23 languages, featuring co-translations by some of the UK's best-loved poets including Jo Shapcott, Sean O’Brien, Lavinia Greenlaw, W. N. Herbert, Mimi Khalvati and Nick Laird
- I Wanted to Ask You, written by Salome Benidze, translated from the Georgian by Helen Mort + Natalia Bukia-Peters
- Beginning to Speak, written by Diana Anphimiadi, translated from the Georgian by Jean Sprackland + Natalia Bukia-Peters
- Catastrophe, written by Xasan Daahir Ismaaciil ‘Weedhsame’, translated from the Somali by Daljit Nagra + Martin Orwin, illustration by Bryan Talbot
All this, beautifully wrapped and delivered direct to your (or a gift recipient's) door, for only £45 (RRP £58.95).