Our first Poetry in Translation Box proved so popular, we are bringing you a second instalment with all eight new titles.
The World Poet Series, pocket-sized collections of poetry in translation published by the Poetry Translation Centre, is one of the most exciting poetry publishing projects in ages; our Poetry in Translation Book Box Two gives you the four brand-new titles in the World Poet Series, plus two chapbooks, the full-length collection by one of Persian literature's most important poets, Negative of a Group Photograph, and a special illustrated poetry book, He Tells Tales of Meroe. This box contains:
World Poet Series Titles:
- The Cartographer by Mohan Rana; translated from the Hindi by Lucy Rosenstein working with the poet Bernard O'Donoghue
- This Water by Gagan Gill; translated from the Hindi by Lucy Rosenstein working with the poet Jane Duran
- Aulò! Aulò! Aulò! by Ribka Sibhatu; translated from the Italian by André Naffis-Sahley
- Embrace by Najwan Darwish; translated from the Arabic by Atef Alshaer working with the poet Paul Batchelor
Full Length Collection:
- Negative of a Group Photograph, by one of Persian literature's most important poets, Azita Ghahreman, translated from the Persian by Maura Dooley
- History-Geography by Karin Karakasli, translated from the Turkish by Canan Marasligil working with the poet Sarah Howe
- If This is a Lament by Bejan Matur, translated from the Turkish by Canan Marasligil working with the poet Jen Hadfield
Illustrated Poetry Book:
- He Tells of Meroe by Saddiq Al-Raddi; translated by Rashid Elsheikh, Atef Alshaer and Hafiz working with the poets Sarah Maguire and Mark Ford
All this, beautifully wrapped and delivered direct to your (or a gift recipient's) door, for only £50 (RRP £62).