Close Readings Plus: Human Conditions
Close Readings, the LRB’s acclaimed programme of year-long literary courses, returns with three new series. Subscribe to the podcast to listen to them all (as well as all past series) next year, or sign up for a full Close Readings Plus course: you’ll still get podcast access to everything but also a host of other features to transform your reading in 2024.
Adam Shatz, the LRB’s US editor, considers revolutionary thought in the 20th century in conversation with three different interlocutors: Judith Butler, Pankaj Mishra and Brent Hayes Edwards. Each has selected four texts that challenge different forms of oppression, enlarge human experience and offer a way into the inner life of the 20th century.
Close Readings Plus subscribers to the series will receive:
- The twelve monthly episodes, beginning in January 2024
- Subscriber access to the Close Readings podcast to the end of 2024, so you can listen to the other two new series too, and our 2023 series
- The twelve texts under discussion – by Sartre, Beauvoir, Fanon, Arendt, Naipaul, Nandy, Lessing, Nadezhda Mandelstam, Du Bois, Césaire, Baraka and Lorde – delivered to your door
- Live webinars with the presenters and special guests
- Transcripts, shownotes and further reading from the LRB archive
- Limited numbers: sign up early!
Close Readings Plus subscriptions will close on 31 January 2024. Books and course materials will be shipped from the start of January.