It’s been many years since the ping! of an unsolicited email arriving in our inboxes has replaced the thwack! of unwanted mail arriving through the letterbox. Nonetheless, there isn’t any pleasure quite like receiving a letter, handwritten, even if the hand happened to be typing, from a friend, close or completely forgotten, long, short, inconsequential or profound. Here are some of our favourite collections.
This box contains:
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield
- Correspondence by Paul Celan
- Dear Mrs Bird by AJ Pearce
- 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff, introduction by Juliet Stevenson
- Engraved brass plated letter opener
All this, beautifully wrapped and delivered direct to your (or a gift recipient’s) door. Over £54 worth of specially selected gifts for only £45.